|Posted by junsantijr on March 19, 2012 at 7:15 AM||comments (0)|
Airconditioning replacement from Chilled Water Central Aircon to VRF Inverter System Aircon was consumated as the system was just tested this day (3/19/2012) at 4:00 O'clock PM.
Operating test/observance and fine tuning starts tomorrow.
Halleluyah! Praise the Lord!.
|Posted by junsantijr on March 14, 2012 at 8:45 PM||comments (0)|
As our website is still new...., some kinks are unavoidable, we ask for your indulgence to bear with us.
May we ask you to contact us via telephone for any inquiries about.....,
For Inquiries / Bookings:
For Casa Manila Patio, Teatrillo and Casa Blanca, please call
Plaza San Luis Office at 527-4084 or 527- 4088
For Puerta Real Garden, Plaza Moriones and Baluarte de San Diego, please call
Ms. Nanette Waquiz or Ms. Leny Isuga at 527-3096 or 527-9012
For other concerns:
: ATTY. MARCO ANTONIO LUISITO V. SARDILLO, III
5th floor, Palacio del Governador
Gen. Luna St. cor. A. Soriano Street, Intramuros, Manila
Tel. (632)5273138 / 5273255 / Fax: (632)5273084
|Posted by junsantijr on March 14, 2012 at 4:20 AM||comments (0)|
IA PUBLICATION & BOOKS & Price in Php
Bastion de San Diego....................... 200.00
Calendar, Desk ................................100.00
Calendar, Wall .................................150.00
Carvings in Ivory ..............................120.00
Cuidad Morada.........................Php 283.00
El Cabildo......................................... 80.00
Filipino Drama.............................. 200.00
Imagery Ivory ..................................180.00
Intramuros of Memory HardB..... 1,000.00
Intramuros of Memory SoftB......... 800.00
Lolo Jose HardB .......................1,200.00
Lolo Jose SoftB.......................... 800.00
P.D. 1616 .....................................15.00
|Posted by junsantijr on March 11, 2012 at 6:20 AM||comments (0)|
Renovation of TEATRILLO was initiated early 2011, and bidding was done November of the same year.
Trademaster Resources Corporation won the contract for the Airconditioning System replacement, and as of 11 March 2012, the project is deemed to be on schedule.
It is expected that the completion deadline of 20 March 2012 will be met ahead of time.
Meantime, near future reservations for TEATRILLO is not yet being accommodated.
|Posted by junsantijr on March 9, 2012 at 8:30 AM||comments (0)|
Timeline of Manila (Intramuros)
Some excerpts are from theburningpulpit
Before 1570: A settlement of Tagalog under Rajah Sulayman occupies a tongue of land at the mouth of the Pasig River. Sulayman was Muslim related to the rajahs of Brunei.
SPANISH COLONIZATION 1571-1898
Establishment of Spanish Rule (1565-1600)
1565: Miguel Lopez de Legaspi establishes a Spanish colony in Cebu. A ship under Martin de Goiti returns to Spain with a cargo of cinnamon; the possibility of opening between the Philippines and Spain is explored.
1569: In search of better food supply, Legaspi transfers the colonists to Panay.
8 May Spanish soldiers under Martin de Goiti sail from Panay to reconnoiter Manila Bay. The troop assaults Sulayman’s fortification and captures it for Spain.
April The Spaniards under Legazpi leave Panay to take control of Manila.
16 May: The Spanish arrive at Manila Bay.
19 May: Feast of Santa Potenciana (Prudenciana), Legaspi lans in Manila and takes over the fortification and village of Rajah Sulayman. Miguel Lopez de Legaspi transfers the Spanish colony from Panay to Manila. Rajah Sulyaman, ruler of Manila, transfers his seat to Tondo.
24 Jun: Feast of San Juan Bautista, the City of Manila is officially established.
1 Jun: Philip II confers the city with the title “insigne y siempre leal cidudad de Manila.”
First galleon sent to Mexico loaded with Chinese goods and spices.
Manila is attacked by the Chinese Limahong. Gov. Gen. Guido Lavesarez, Legaspi’s successor, fortifies the city for the impending attack.
30 Aug: Spaniards successfully repel the Chinese on the feast of San Andres, who is then named patron of the city.
1578: Franciscan friars arrive in Manila. They reside for the time being with the Augustinians.
1579: Crown orders the construction of a cathedral in Manila, following the Papal approbation establishing the diocese of Manila, suffragan to Mexico.
1581: First bishop of Manila, Domingo de Salazar, OP, arrives in Manila. On board the same ship are three Jesuits assigned to the Philippines. Jesuits reside in Laguio, a site outside the city near present-day Pedro Gil St. and Roxas Blvd.
1583: Bp. Salazar convenes the Synod of Manila to discuss issues and strategies of evangelization and to address complaints about Spanish abuse.
28 Feb: Fire destroys much of the thatched buildings in Manila. The fire begins in San Agustín where the funeral monument to Gov. Gonzalo Ronquillo was set up. First buildings in stone appear after the great fire of 1583. Bp. Salazar and the Jesuit Antonio Sedeño are credited with this initiative.
Jesuits establish a church and house in the city.
Episcopal residence is rebuilt in stone and mortar under the direction of Antonio Sedeño S.J.
1587: Dominicans arrive in Manila.
1591-94: Gov. Gen. Perez de Dasmariñas begins rebuilding Manila’s fortifications in stone.
1593: Dominicans publish catechism in Tagalog, Doctrina Christiana. It is printed by a Chinese in Binondo using woodblocks.
1594: The Hermanidad de la Misericordia establishes the Colegio de Sta. Potenciana for Spanish girls.
1595: Manila is raised to the status of an archdiocese with dependent dioceses Cebu, Naga, Lal-lo under it. Religious orders are assigned specific areas in the Philippines for better management of the evangelization of the native population.
The Jesuits establish the Colegio de San José.
Manila is awarded an official seal consisting of a gold castle and a demilion and dolphin naiant, brandishing a naked sword, against fields of red and blue respectively.
THE DUTCH WARS (1600-48); Hispanization of lowland communities (1600-50)
30 August: A devastating earthquake damages Manila.
Dec: Antonio de Morga, oidor of the city of Manila, heads an armada against the invading Dutch ships, under Van Noort. Morga’s ship, San Diego, sinks near Isla de Fortun, in Batangas Bay.
1603: Three Chinese mandarins arrive in Manila to dispense justice among the Chinese an. This sparks rumors of an impending Chinese invasion among the Spaniards, and a rumor among the Chinese of a Spanish pre-emptive strike to massacre all the Chinese. This leads to an uprising. As a consequence of quelling the uprising, Chinese forced to live outside of the walled city.
Fire hits the city.
1604: San Agustin church is completed. (Note: Other sources give the date as 1607.)
1605: Government sets control on the galleon trade. Henceforth, all trade would pass through the government, which was in charge of building and outfitting the ship. Private enterprise with Mexico is forbidden.
1606: The Recollects, a reformed branch of the Augustinian order, arrive.
Fire hits Manila.
1618-29: Under Gov. Gen Alfonso Fajardo de Tenza a moat is built surrounding the city.
1618: The Recollects build a church in Intramuros, after more than a decade where they had a church and residence outside the walls.
1621: The Nuestra Señora de la Paz y Buenviaje is brought by Gov. Niño de Tabora from Mexico and given to the care of the Jesuits, the image becomes the patroness of the galleons.
Second printing of the Doctrina christiana in Iloko published in San Agustin
1624: Construction of second monastery of San Agustin.
Jesuits establish the Imprenta de la Compañia, in the College of San Ignacio.
1632: The Jesuit church of San Ignacio designed by the Italian Jesuit Gianantonio Campioni is inaugurated.
1635-49: Under Gov. Gen. Hurtado de Corcuera, the moat surrounding Intramuros is improved, deepened and widened.
1639-40: Chinese uprising. Rumors that the Chinese would be summarily executed or deported spreads in the district of Santa Cruz and Mayhaligue. This sparks are revolt which spreads through the rest of southern Luzon.
30 Nov: Earthquake devastates Manila, many residence and buildings collapse, the walls are damaged, San Agustin loses one bell tower. The beginning of arquitectura mestiza.
1656: The Brothers of St. John of God take charge of a hospital under the patronage of the Misericordia. This hospital traces to the efforts of the Franciscans who had opened in the 16th century a small hospital facing their convent.
1663: Three Dominican tertiaries, led by Mother Francisca del Espiritu Santo established the Beaterio de Sta. Catalina (later becomes the Congregation of St. Catherine of Siena).
1668: The Colegio de San Juan de Letran is transferred to the site it presently occupies.
1671: Map of Intramuros by Ignacio Ortiz, O.P. published.
DYNASTIC CHANGE from the Hapsburg to the Borbon
1703: Gaspar Aquino de Belen writes and prints Mahal na Passion ni Jesuchristo na Tola at the Jesuit press in Intramuros.
1711: The Visayan vocabulario by Matheo Sanchez SJ is published.
Tagalog vocabulario of Juan de Noceda and Pedro San Lucar is published.
1727: Mapa topographica of Intramuros and surrounding districts by Antonio Fernández de Roxas published
1734: Map of the Philippines designed by Pedro Murillo Velarde, S.J., and engraved by Nicolas de la Cruz Bagay and Francisco Suarez, published by the Imprenta de la Compañia.
Death of Mother Ignacia de Santo Espiritu, foundress of the Beaterio de la Companía
1738-39: Gov. Gen. Fernando Valdez Tamon prepares a thorough report on the fortifications of the Philippines. Fortification of Manila improved during his administration; especially Fort Santiago where work was done ca. 1732.
1742: Further additions and revisions on the Tamon report is prepared and sent to Spain.
1744: A second edition of Murillo Velarde’s map is published.
1745: Gaspar de San Agustin publishes his monumental history, Chronicas.
1745-50. Abp. Juan de Arechederra improves the fortification of Manila.
1750: Mother Paula de Santissima Trinidad establishes Colegio de Sta. Rosa.
mid-1700: Ascendancy of the Sulu Sultanate; slave raids intensify. Conflict between the Spaniards and the Muslim communities of Mindanao intensify. Many coastal towns are under threat and are forced to fortify.
1754: Massive eruption of Taal volcano; ash fall darkens the skies over Manila. Numerous aftershocks rock southern Luzon, including Manila.
1762-64: BRITISH OCCUPATION.
1762, 6 Oct: Abp Rojo del Río, intermin governor, surrenders Manila to the British under Admiral Samuel Cornish of the Royal Navy and Gen William Draper of the East India Company. The city is sacked by British troops, and a ransom is demaded of Abp. Rojo.
Simon de Anda escapes before the fall of Manila and rallys the populace outside of Manila to resists the British. He establishes headquarters in Bulacan.
1764: RETURN TO SPANISH RULE; British return the Philippines to Spanish jurisdiction is a ceremony held outside Sta. Cruz
1768: Jesuit expelled from the Philippines. Their properties and assests put on public auction.
1771: Strong earthquake hits Manila.
1772: Dominicans acquire buildings of Jesuits and establish a college of pharmacy and medicine. Archdiocese acquires the Colegio de San Ignacio building for the diocesan seminary.
1795: The Malaspina scientific expedition arrives in the Philippines. Antonio Brambila, the expedition’s illustrator and staff artists, draws images of Manila and its environs. These were later cuts a engravings and published. Ravenat, the French illustrator, drew images of the inhabitants of Manila and the Philippine.
1811: Map of Manila published.
1815: End of the Galleon trade.
1845: Earthquake hits Manila and surrounding areas.
ESTABLISHMENT OF WORLD TRADE (1848-96)
1848: Opening of Manila to world trade. No longer dependent on the Manila galleon, the government opens Manila to direct trade with foreign countries. This spurs the development of Binondo and neighboring districts as the new commercial center of the Philippines.
1851: Map of Manila in Buzeta y Bravo’s encyclopedic dictionary of the Philippines
1859: Jesuit return to the Philippines, given charge of the Ateneo Municipal de Manila.
1861: Jesuits are sent from Manila to open mission in Mindanao and take over parishes vacated by the Recollects.
1863: Earthquake damages San Agustin, the cathedral, the Palacio and the Ayuntamiento.
1872: Earthquake damages the cathedral further.
The Filipino priests, Jose Burgos, Mariano Gomez, and Jacinto Zamora are executed at Bagumbayan. Though innocent, they are implicated in the aborted revolt at the Cavite shipyard. Even the archbishop of Manila refused to defrock them prior to execution. Burgos led a campaign for the rights of native secular clergy.
1877: First volume of the grand edition of Flora de Filipinas appear. Subsequent volumes appear in 1878 and 1879. This work of Manuel Blanco, O.S.A. who set up a garden of tropical and medicinal plants in the second cloister of San Agustin was illustrated by noted artists of the era, Spanish and Filipino.
27-31 July: Jesuit innaugurate San Ignacio church, designed by Felix Roxas. Construction began in 1878.
1894: Augustinians acquire properties near the second cloister on 40 Calle Real and 7 Santa Lucia for a proposed Procuración General-Hospedaría-Enfermaría. Building was completed in 1898.
1895: Benedictines arrive in the Philippines.
1897: Capuchino church completed.
Philippine Revolution and Independence: 1896-98
17 August: Revolution against Spain breaks out, led by Andres Bonifacio.
30 December: Execution of Jose Rizal, after being detained in Fort Santiago from 26 December
12 June: Gen. and Pres. Emilio Aguinaldo declares Philippine independence in Kawit, Cavite.
AMERICAN OCCUPATION 1898-1946
10 December: By virtue of the Treaty of Paris forged by Spain and the United States, the Philippines, which included Guam and the Marianas, was ceded to the United States.
1905: Convening of the first National Assembly in the Marble Hall of the Ayuntamiento.
SECOND WORLD WAR 1941-1945
1941: Second World War reaches the Philippines when Japanese planes bomb Manila in the morning of 8 December, after a successful attack at Pearl Harbor.
December: Manila declared an Open City.
Massive destruction of Intramuros during the mortar and artillery bombardment by American troops in February.
Peace and Restoration 1946 to present
4 July: America recognizes Philippine Independence
In 1946, the United States recognized Philippine independence but the city did not spring back to life. Decades after the war, it became a vast wasteland overrun by squatters and warehouses. Trucks with container vans rumbled through streets, further damaging the ruined buildings and endangering the foundations or the century-old San Agustin Church.
On April 10, 1979, Presidential Decree 1616 created the Intramuros Administration (I.A.) to undertake the restoration and development of Intramuros as a monument to the Hispanic period in Philippine history.
I.A. was attached to the Department of Tourism (D.O.T.) in 1987, and was given the additional task of promoting the Walled City as a principal tour destination.
Today, efforts to preserve the Walled City and revive its illustrious past are stronger than ever. The present generations of Filipinos has come to realize its historical value. As in the days of our forefathers, Intramuros is a priceless treasure to be shared with the world.